Saturday, February 10, 2018

Happy Birthday to a Little Boy


Joining another day of Kathy's 30 day color challenge. All the details on her blog, The Daily Marker. Also joining Seize the Birthday with Birthday Theme. 

I realized that I don't have any boy cards, so I decided to pull out the Birthday Friends set again from Pretty Pink Posh as these little kids are so cute. Also, used the Coordinating Die which came in handy to cut out the images. 

On one of my previous cards, I used the Stacked Edges 1 die to cut three strips using the slanted curve border. Keep in mind, I placed the border onto an A2 size panel and cut the strips where I wanted them. 

After die cutting, I looked at the negative pieces from the A2 panel and thought why not make another card using them and keep the same order of the cuts. 

Once again, I used Distress Oxide inks as they are fun to play with. From bottom to top here are the colors: Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, and Salty Ocean.  

Next, I pulled out a Sun Ray stencil and sprayed it with water and put it on top of the strips. This added the rays to the card.  

Once again, I used these adorable Bee Friends to the scene along with the Coordinating die to help me cut them out and added some clouds using the Rainy Days set.

Last but not least, I added some Gold Mini Star Confetti as I wanted to add some sparkles. Added some foam mount tape to pop up the little boy and bees. The balloons were glued down directly to the base. 

Main Supplies:

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Liz, this is an adorable birthday card!!! Love the details like the ink blending in ombre, sun ray and the little stars!!! Perfect for a little boy! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete